Textbook supplement on Iranian elections of 2016The Iran Election: What You Need to Know
On Friday, Iranians will go to the polls to elect members of Parliament and the Assembly of Experts. Here’s what you need to know.
- First of all, what is the Assembly of Experts?
- How do the Parliamentary elections work?
- How are the candidates chosen?
- What does the Parliament do? Does it have any real power?
- Do Iranians care about the elections, given that the candidates for Parliament and the Assembly of Experts have been handpicked by conservatives and that the supreme leader has the final say in all matters?
- Speaking of the president, how critical are the elections for him going forward?
- What is the supreme leader’s role in the elections? Can he influence the outcome?
- Will the elections lead to any change in Iran’s relations with Western countries?
- When will we know the outcome?
Teaching Comparative blog entries are indexed. Use the search box to look for country names or concept labels attached to each entry.
What You Need to Know 7th edition is ready to help.
Order the book HERE
Amazon's customers gave this book a 4-star rating.
Just The Facts! is available. Order HERE.
Amazon's customers gave this book a 5-star rating.
The Comparative Government and Politics Review Checklist.
Two pages summarizing the course requirements to help you review and study for the final and for the big exam in May. . It contains a description of comparative methods, a list of commonly used theories, a list of vital concepts, thumbnail descriptions of the AP6, and a description of the AP exam format. $2.00. Order HERE.
What You Need to Know: Teaching Tools, the original version and v2.0 are available to help curriculum planning.