Quick quizCan you explain the meaning of the headline before reading the summary?
Labour holds Tooting in by-election
Labour has held the south London constituency of Tooting in a by-election following the departure of new Mayor of London Sadiq Khan.
Junior doctor Rosena Allin-Khan received 17,894 votes, winning with a majority of 6,357…
"Thousands of people voted today and we are all here in recognition of our democratic values."…
The former Tooting MP and new London Mayor Sadiq Khan held this seat in 2015 with a majority of 2,842.
The constituency's new Labour MP, Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, is Tooting born and raised and works as an A&E doctor at the local St George's Hospital.
But she and her party will be delighted with the result, increasing Labour's majority to 6,357…
- Rosena Chantelle Allin-Khan (Labour Party) - 17,894 (55.9% +8.7%)
- Dan Watkins (Conservative Party) - 11,537 (36.1% -5.8%)
- Esther Dede Obiri-Darko (Green Party) - 830 (2.6% -1.5%)
- Alexander James Glassbrook (Liberal Democrats) - 820 (2.6% -1.4%)
- Elizabeth Eirwen Jones (UK Independence Party) - 507 (1.6% -1.3%)
- Des Coke (Christian People's Party) - 164
- Howling Laud Hope (The Official Monster Raving Loony Party) - 54
- Graham Harry Moore (English Democrats Love England - Leave EU!) - 50
- Dr Akbar Ali Malik (Immigrants Political Party) - 44
- Ankit Love (One Love Party) - 32
- Zirwa Javaid (Independent) - 30
- Dr Zia Samadani (Independent) - 23
- Bobby Smith (Give Me Back Elmo) - 9
- Smiley Smillie (Independent) - 5
Teaching Comparative blog entries are indexed. Use the search box to look for country names or concept labels attached to each entry.
What You Need to Know 7th edition is ready to help.
Order the book HERE
Amazon's customers gave this book a 4-star rating.
Just The Facts! is available. Order HERE.
Amazon's customers gave this book a 5-star rating.
The Comparative Government and Politics Review Checklist.
Two pages summarizing the course requirements to help you review and study for the final and for the big exam in May. . It contains a description of comparative methods, a list of commonly used theories, a list of vital concepts, thumbnail descriptions of the AP6, and a description of the AP exam format. $2.00. Order HERE.
What You Need to Know: Teaching Tools, the original version and v2.0 are available to help curriculum planning.