Teaching Comparative Government and Politics

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Still another teaching resource

Twenty years ago, a new principal decided that all academic courses had to administer final exams that would count as part of semester grades. I was teaching an AP course to seniors who had taken the AP exam and had mostly "checked out" after that, even though graduation was 3 or 4 weeks away.

I created a "Final Quiz" instead of a final exam and used something like it for a few years until I was allowed to use post-exam projects as final exam equivalents for AP students.

I went through an old version of the "Final Quiz" and revised the obviously out-of-date questions (I hope) and added a few new ones. There are 45 short-answer questions.

Mexico and Iran are probably slighted, because I didn't teach about them when I originally wrote this, but you can compensate by adding your own questions.

I uploaded MSWord and RTF versions of the questions to the sharing comparative group web site. Look in the "Files" section.




If you don't belong to the group, you can join using the link below.


Click to join sharecompgovpol




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home