Teaching Comparative Government and Politics

Friday, January 29, 2010

Cult of Putin

Karmin Tomlinson, who teaches in Oregon City, OR, sent along these hints for understanding part of the Putin mystique.

The video for "I want a man like Putin" Такого как Путин (English version)

Or how about Такого как Путин / One Like Putin (English subtitles)?

If you want 28 seconds of The Putin Girls (just the song): I want a man like Putin

And here are the translated lyrics for "I Want a Man Like Putin"

My boyfriend is in trouble again,
He got into a fight and got stoned on something,
I am sick of him and so I told him, 'get out of here',
And now I want a man like Putin.
A man like Putin, full of energy,
A man like Putin who doesn't drink,
A man like Putin who wouldn't hurt me,
A man like Putin who wouldn't run away from me.
I saw him in the news yesterday,
He was saying the world was at the crossroads,
It's easy with a man like him at home or out and about,
And now I want a man like Putin."

Here's another music video: Putin forever - Путин навсегда

And yet another: Putin "the legend"

How about a blog entry on the Putin Cult?

This is relevant to the political culture. Put it in context with the relationship with Medvedev and the security ministries.

Get your copy ofWhat You Need to Know


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Ken Wedding said...

Here's another link about "A Man Like Putin."

PBS' "Soundtracks" did a documentary on the making of the video.

See it online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home